[jboss-dev] Why Maven sucks (part 1)

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 19:11:32 EDT 2008

Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Andrew Lee Rubinger
> <andrew.rubinger at redhat.com> wrote:
>>  But for the time being we're pretty deep into Mavenization of the AS, and
>> most of the complaining I've seen is due to:
>>
>>  * Improper comprehension of Maven's behaviour
>>  * Refusal to invest some time into learning a new technology
>
> More pointless fanboyism.

Go Red Sox!!! :D

> Personally, I am against magic tricks when it comes to building a
> project, and as I don't think matching version numbers with one
> another is rocket science, I do not accept a complex, bloated and hard
> to learn tool as a solution for that problem.

I don't think you're finding much resistance from anyone when it comes
to the matter of Maven's dependency resolution.  It's clearly
unintuitive.  But check some of the links I'd sent along; the lack of
simplicity on this front doesn't mean it can't work.  Let's see where
this bridge takes us.

S,
ALR

--