[jboss-dev] Why Maven sucks (part 1)

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 09:39:22 EDT 2008

On 04/22/2008 12:26 AM, Ovidiu Feodorov wrote:
> David M. Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> I'm willing try this out on Remoting 3 (which is the very definition
>> of a small peripheral project).  My only requirements are:
>>
>> 1) the build has to work exactly as it does now (it's purely ant at
>> the moment, and works just fine, though some of the deps are
>> downloaded from the Maven part of the repository)
>
> That's doable. I need to add support for a Maven repository, which I
> wanted to do anyway, but as a short term solution, we can use this kind
> of repository: http://repository.novaordis.org/ Something like this can
> be set up in ten minutes, and it can be a placeholder until Maven
> repository support is ready.
>
>> 2) none of my time required :)  Though I'm willing to answer questions
>> about the build
>>
>> http://www.jboss.org/jbossremoting/
> Well, that's fine in what I am concerned. I don't expect much work to go
> into this. You need to clear this with your managers, though, remember
> that I am not JBoss anymore ...

Nah.  Just send me a patch and a list of files to upload ;-)  And of course
you have to assign the copyright and so forth - I assume there's still a
contributor agreement with your name on it lying about somewhere.

The worst that could happen is that I'd apply the patch and then have to
roll it back again.  A worthwhile use of a few minutes, if it helps shed
light on the topic.

- DML