[jboss-dev] Why Maven sucks (part 1)

Ovidiu Feodorov ovidiu at feodorov.com
Tue Apr 22 01:26:47 EDT 2008

David M. Lloyd wrote:

> I'm willing try this out on Remoting 3 (which is the very definition
> of a small peripheral project).  My only requirements are:
>
> 1) the build has to work exactly as it does now (it's purely ant at
> the moment, and works just fine, though some of the deps are
> downloaded from the Maven part of the repository)

That's doable. I need to add support for a Maven repository, which I
wanted to do anyway, but as a short term solution, we can use this kind
of repository: http://repository.novaordis.org/ Something like this can
be set up in ten minutes, and it can be a placeholder until Maven
repository support is ready.

> 2) none of my time required :)  Though I'm willing to answer questions
> about the build
>
> http://www.jboss.org/jbossremoting/
Well, that's fine in what I am concerned. I don't expect much work to go
into this. You need to clear this with your managers, though, remember
that I am not JBoss anymore ...