[jboss-dev] Re: jgroups version names

Bela Ban bela at jboss.com
Tue Mar 4 06:57:17 EST 2008

I adopted Scott's versioning scheme ([1]), with major, minor and patch
numbers.

Yes, when there's a need to release a CR or beta, I name the version
2.6.2.CR2 (for example). If you look into repository.jboss.org ([2]),
you'll see that the versioning since 2.4.x is consistent, ditto for
Maven ([3]).

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> Is jgroups following any standard in the naming of its versions?
>
> (e.g. http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossProductVersioning)
>
> So far, what goes into the repositories has been consistently
> inconsistent :-)
>
> E.g. look in the legacy repo
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/repository.jboss.org/jgroups/
>
> Or the new maven repo (shouldn't that be org/jgroups?)
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/repository.jboss.org/maven2/jgroups/jgroups/
>
> It could have an impact when we try to apply OSGi versioning rules.

[1]
http://javagroups.cvs.sourceforge.net/javagroups/JGroups/src/org/jgroups/Version.java?revision=1.60&view=markup
[2] https://svn.jboss.org/repos/repository.jboss.org/jgroups/
[3] https://svn.jboss.org/repos/repository.jboss.org/maven2/jgroups/jgroups/