[jboss-dev] Re: [jboss-cvs] JBossAS SVN: r70794 - in trunk: testsuite and 1 other directory.

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 22:13:46 EDT 2008

Adrian Brock wrote:
> Nice. Major change to how the build works with no warning
> about the commit.

In Paul's defense, we have discussed this on both the weekly AS Status
and TCK Calls on a few occasions.  The Mavenization direction was the
topic of an October R&D Call.

Remy Maucherat wrote:
 > Oh, we have to use that maven junk to build AS now ? Is that a joke ?

This is why I placed the changing build as a discussion item on the call
agendas - to let everyone know what was coming down the line.  Maven
will not be required as a build mechanism for your projects, but the
backing repository will be the Maven one.

Let's not start a lynch mob; there were valid, documented reasons for
this change.

S,
ALR