[jboss-dev] Re: [jboss-cvs] JBossAS SVN: r70794 - in trunk: testsuite and 1 other directory.

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 22:10:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 22:13 -0400, Andrew Lee Rubinger wrote:
> Adrian Brock wrote:
> > Nice. Major change to how the build works with no warning
> > about the commit.
>
> In Paul's defense, we have discussed this on both the weekly AS Status
> and TCK Calls on a few occasions.  The Mavenization direction was the
> topic of an October R&D Call.

Look, I'm fed up of this argument. and this behaviour.

THIS IS AN OPEN SOURCE PROJECT

If you want to take part, I don't care what company you work for
(even if the same as me), use the public mailing lists to discuss
development of an open source project.

That does NOT include "the core", private conference calls,
IM or sending me private e-mails.

e.g. One of my boiler plate responses to people that think they
can discuss open source by sending me a private e-mail:

<quote>
This is a boiler plate answer to your question.

Private Emails:

I don't discuss open source development issues via:

* private e-mail
* skype
* telephone
* non-public irc
* etc.

Not even with other JBoss/Redhat employees.

I don't even discuss them via private e-mail
for paying customers.
Support issues are dealt with through
the support software and mailing lists.

If you want to discuss open source development
either use the jboss-dev mailing list:

or the development forums (at the bottom)

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb

NOTE: Neither of these channels are for help requests.
For help: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossHelp

Reasons:

I implement this policy to make sure:

1) The open source project remains open

2) I don't continually repeat myself when the issue
can be dealt with publically, once!

3) I don't receive lots of "spam" from people that
think I am interested in (or have the time) to review
their patches or ideas that they are not willing to
make public to everybody

I look forward to seeing you on the public mailing lists. :-)
</quote>

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock