[jboss-dev] Re: [jboss-cvs] JBossAS SVN: r70794 - in trunk: testsuite and 1 other directory.

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 23:09:30 EDT 2008

Adrian Brock wrote:
 > On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 22:13 -0400, Andrew Lee Rubinger wrote:
 >> Adrian Brock wrote:
 >>> Nice. Major change to how the build works with no warning
 >>> about the commit.
 >> In Paul's defense, we have discussed this on both the weekly AS
Status and TCK Calls on a few occasions.  The Mavenization direction was
the topic of an October R&D Call.

 > Look, I'm fed up of this argument. and this behaviour.
 >
 > THIS IS AN OPEN SOURCE PROJECT
 >
 > If you want to take part, I don't care what company you work for
 > (even if the same as me), use the public mailing lists to discuss
 > development of an open source project.

Not going to argue, I'm a proponent of community-fueled development.

However, there was discussion related to build system changes on the
appropriate forum, as well as a couple reminders in non-public forms.
This was worthy of note; the due diligence.

But bottom line, not everyone was aware.

In the future, we can all learn from this - impactful changes should be
broadcast to dev-list.

S,
ALR