[jboss-dev] [Fwd: [jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: Getting rid of conf/jboss-service.xml]

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 13:12:33 EDT 2008

There was a problem with the minimal config not booting. To fix that:

1) I've removed the jndi service from the jboss-minimal.xml and copied the
deploy/naming-jboss-beans.xml instead.

2) God rid of the conf/xmdesc/Naming* descriptors, as I think those are not used now, but
re-instanted the Log4jService-xmbean.xml one

3) Used the same bootstrap.xml that we have in 'default' that brings in the bindinds.xml,
too, due to the bindind service used by naming-jboss-beans.xml

4) Added minimal/lib/jboss-bindingservice.jar

The question is if we want to keep the binding service in the minimal config, or use a
simplified version of the deploy/naming-jboss-beans.xml with a subset of the beans:

LookupPool
LocalNamingBean
RemoteNamingBean
JndiViewBean
NamingService

The more general question is if we want to alter the minimal config in some manner:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6103