[jboss-dev] Fixing JBAS-5908 on trunk

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 07:25:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 12:08 +0100, Jonathan Halliday wrote:
> Why is that class even in the integration project? As far as
> I can tell it's not an SPI for the transaction server to app
> server, but rather an integration point for the
> ClientUserTransaction (which is in AS anyhow) to AS.
> Perhaps Adrian or one of the other gurus knows some good
> reason, but if not then it should be rolled back into the AS.

I put it in tx integration because it doesn't depend upon
the AS. It's a generic helper class that just depends
on the integration spi and jta.

Absent a "tx helper" project, tx integration is a better
place for it in terms of making it reusable, e.g.
jboss embedded uses it for junit tests or running in
Tomcat standalone.

ClientUserTransaction depends upon the AS
(or at least the jndi implementation details).

import org.jboss.naming.NamingContextFactory;

public class ClientUserTransaction { ... }

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock