[JBoss-dev] jmx clustering

jnl1 itsJim01 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 19:23:30 EDT 2008

hi all...question on clustering.  currently, i have a jmx process that
handles processing of jobs.  for example a report.  right not, it's running
in a single node, single jboss instance.  we're moving to a multi node
configuration and was wondering what impacts there might be.

for example...if i submit a report and it's running, how does the other
nodes know that the report is already being processed.  i'm thinking in a
multi node env, the different jmx processes will 'crash' into each other.
looking around, it looks like i could use a singleton.  but, wasn't sure if
i'm off base.

can someone point me down the right path..documentation, examples on what's
different in a clustered env for jmx processes.

thx in adv