[jboss-dev] M2 planning and timeline

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 06:25:31 EST 2009

On 12/14/2009 12:03 PM, Ales Justin wrote:
> Module?

Module as in JavaEE module. E.g. a deployment unit which might be
assembled in an EAR containing META-INF/validation.xml (BV 1.0 Final Ch 7).

Injection should then happen in accordance to JavaEE 6 PFD EE 5.16.
@Resource Validator validator;
@Resource ValidatorFactory validatorFactory;
and the associated JNDI names:
java:comp/Validator
java:comp/ValidatorFactory

The BV deployer should bind a ValidatorFactory into global JNDI per module.

The setup of JNDI namespaces need to be refactored. First I need to
expedite RELOADED-9 into trunk. That should be easy now that the name
server has become a MC bean.
Second we need to get JNDI namespace deployers, so that java:app,
java:module and java:comp are basically installed via deployments.
Third we need to refactor the current EncInjectors to make them more
generic (and out of ejb3-core) so that they can setup the java:comp
environment for real. This would probably be a deployer (or part of
java:comp deployer) with incallbacks.
Last we need to change all the current JavaEE containers to consume the
newly created JNDI context.
And finally create an 'EncInjector' for java:comp/Validator...

Carlo