[jboss-dev] M2 planning and timeline

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 14 07:23:16 EST 2009

Basically a module is either:
 - an ejb-jar
 - a war

So an ear can be composed of several modules (say 3 ejb-jars and 1 war).
When injecting or doing a JNDI lookup of java:comp/Validator or java:comp/ValidatorFactory
the container has to inject the VF related to the module the injection occurs.

While in many cases the same VF configuration is used and thus the same VF can be injected, some modules might want to override some of the VF behavior and add a META-INF/validator.xml file in the module packaging.