[jboss-dev] Ongoing VFS testing on Branch_5_0

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 11:32:02 EST 2009

> Thomas,
>
> I am looking at revision 83709 and 83774, which likely are causing the
> VFS problems that are reported by Ales.

Actually it's not Thomas's code.
It's this hack-ish line:

if (warName.endsWith("/") == false || warName.endsWith("!/") == true) //
Hack for jar urls being exposed

Since current URL is neither.
  - it ends with '/'
  - it has no jar ending (in vfs we don't need that)

> In addition to being very risky
> and done without even contacting me to talk about them, the actual code
> changes are obsfucated inside a ton of formatting changes (because you
> do not seem to like my formatting. Please never do that, at least put
> the formatting changes inside a commit, done prior to the actual code
> changes.

We don't have an exact formating rules?

> My opinion right now is that these two revisions should be reverted,
> 5.0.1 is not the right place for this sort of risky refactoring (should
> be planned for 5.1, carefully).

Afaik Thomas did this with care - line by line.
So I don't agree with you about the revert.
This should've been done long ago.

OK, whatever you decide wrt revert or not,
I need that line fixed.

Will you do it or should I?