[jboss-dev] VM arguments finally coming to boot.log

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 07:51:35 EST 2009

Hi,

I've just implemented https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5240 using
java.lang.management.RuntimeMXBean.getInputArguments();

Example:

13:44:43,226 INFO [ServerInfo] VM arguments: -Dprogram.name=run.sh
-Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true
-Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000
-Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/home/galder/jboss/code/as/trunk/build/output/jboss-6.0.0.Alpha1/lib/endorsed

This is a much better solution than the one originally suggested in the
jira. This is also a much needed information from a support point of
view and the fact that from now on it's logged in boot.log reduces the
pieces of information we need to get from customer (before we needed
either console output to see these options or for the customer to spell
it out for us).

Hence, the following line in all of our run scripts should be removed as
it's obsolete:

echo " JAVA_OPTS: $JAVA_OPTS"

Thoughts?
--