[jboss-dev] Hack for Continuous Integration in AS

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 12:48:16 EST 2009

Had a thought regarding the lack of testability for non-released
components in AS.

The chicken-egg dilemna is:

* We can't validate a release until it passes AS and TCK TestSuites
* We can't integrate into AS until a component is released

So we work around this by releasing, crossing our fingers, and
re-releasing if a problem pops up.

Some hack idea is:

* Create "component-matrix-continuous" with parent of "component-matrix"
* c-m-c may define versioned SNAPSHOTs in the depMgt section, overriding
those defined by c-m.
* Make a property to set the artifactId of the parent of thirdparty POM
to the continuous build:

 > ./build.sh -Dcontinuous=true

...then we can set up Hudson runs to test versioned SNAPSHOTs to catch
errors that may be coming down the line without affecting the normal build.

WWJD?

S,
ALR

--