[jboss-dev] Hack for Continuous Integration in AS

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 13:34:10 EST 2009

Jason T. Greene wrote:
> Hmm. The thing I wonder though is how useful this will be if you start
> pulling in everyone's snapshots. You will probably end up with
> incompatible combinations.

We'd have to curtail this by saying "you can put SNAPSHOTs here, but on
a limited basis and then take 'em out".

For instance, right now we'd have VFS and some other related stuff in
Branch_5_0 only.  When those SNAPSHOTs being tested are released, the
snapshot override is removed.

> It's probably more useful if every team has their own manual or
> automated integration run. This could either be snapshot based via some
> kind of maven override, or could be a temporary branch created off the
> main AS branch that includes the changes.

I'd rather roll the dice on incompatible combinations than set us up for
even more custom runs and branches.

Already we have a geometric problem:

Number of TestSuites (AS, TCK, EJB3, etc) * AS Branches

S,
ALR

--
Andrew Lee Rubinger