[jboss-dev] AS 5.1 Beta 1 Code Freeze (and other release dates)

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 13:42:50 EST 2009

5.1 Beta1
---------
Code Freeze: March 9th
Release:     March 16th

The primary/required goal for this release is completion of all Profile
Service blockers, to facilitate the inclusion of the console:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6470

All other planned component updates for this release are located here:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6156

If one of these subtasks is assigned to you, and you can not complete
this in *2 weeks*, please let me know, so I can reschedule it to CR1.
Also please review the JIRA issues assigned to you and reschedule them
if you can not complete them for this release.

5.1 CR1
-------
Code Freeze: April 6th (Tentative)
Release:     April 13th (Tentative)

The primary/required goal is inclusion of the embedded console. A
secondary goal is including JBM 2 as either an optional or main JMS
provider. These dates could slip a few more weeks depending on the
console timeline.

All major component upgrades need to be completed and in CR quality for
this release (with the exception of tech preview features.

5.1 GA
------
Code Freeze: May 4th (Tentative)
Release:     May 18th (Tentative)

The primary/required goal is of course all tests (including TCK) cleared
  and all assigned bugs resolved.

Any questions, feedback?

--
Jason T. Greene