[jboss-dev] No more snapshots in 5.0!

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 02:12:16 EST 2009

I have no need for more Maven babysitting. In essence AS is requesting
specific releases for each component anyway, so you might as well
request a specific snapshot release instead. So instead of
jboss-jpa-deployers-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT request
jboss-jpa-deployers-1.0.0-20090219.115639-7. That's how I triangulated
the VFS version.
The only problem is that a snapshot has transitive dependencies on other
snapshots. I started on a 'generate release pom' plugin, but Maven has
got some pretty weird notions around snapshots, so it's not going anywhere.

Carlo