[jboss-dev] Maven repo aggregation

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Wed Jul 15 02:42:38 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

the issue of maven repo aggregation has poped up again during our MC
conf-calls. There is now a JIRA issue that folks can monitor on the
progress of this.

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBBUILD-534

Generally, I'd like to mention again that 'deploy-file' is not good
solution because of

* with the generated POM you loose all info about transitive
dependencies, etc.

* when you preserve/deploy the original POM you also deploy the
dependencies on other repos

* the transitive enclosure of information for
(groupId+artifactId+version+classifier) should be equal independent of
the repo where you get the artifact from

cheers
-thomas