[jboss-dev] Redeploy an app if xml is added to metadata location?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 06:54:01 EDT 2009

> It does look like a good idea to introduce changes in behavior, unless
> users have asked for it.
Are you missing a *not* there ? :)

btw. JBoss Tools relies on being able to restart applications by
touching the relevant descriptor, so please let us know if that changes :)

Another note is that it would actually be *better* if users could just
touch the root directory of the deployment so there is a *uniform*
way of "restarting" an application instead of having to know which
specific deployment descriptor to touch...would that be doable ?
(of course need to test that certain os's doesn't change the timestamp
of a directory just because you change a file below to avoid
triggering restart just because I updated index.html)

/max