[jboss-dev] Redeploy an app if xml is added to metadata location?

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 19:37:49 EDT 2009

>> It does look like a good idea to introduce changes in behavior, unless
>> users have asked for it.
> Are you missing a *not* there ? :)

I guess previous behavior was by design - monitoring just 'known' config
files.
e.g. WARDeployer --> web.xml, jboss-web.xml
As it was WARDeployer that did it _all_ for .war deployment.

But with new aspectized deployers, this approach cannot work.
As you actually don't know which all config files are valid in some
metadata location.
e.g. WEB-INF/my-custom.foo is completely valid if I have a *.foo
matching deployer

It is now responsibility of the StructureModificationChecker to
recognize changes.
It mostly boils down to SMC's filter to know which files to monitor.

One solution would be to have a filter which would do incallback on
FileMatcher,
which is what all sub-AbstractVFSParsingDeployer deployers implement.
This would probably catch most of the config use cases.
e.g. you could easily by-pass it by not extending
AbstractVFSParsingDeployer or not implementing FileMatcher on your
custom deployer