[jboss-dev] Improving scanning performance

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri Jun 12 21:06:18 EDT 2009

> I have a few questions, please help me out.  If AnnotationEnvironment,
> is a database of annotations, would it be possible to persist the
> AnnotationEnvironment (so we don't have to rebuild it after every
> boot)?  If yes, is there a way we could handle invalidating entries in
> the persisted AnnotationEnvironment database (either manually or
> automatically when classes change)?

I would like to start putting together the "jboss-scanning.xml" files
that will exclude/include certain classes (as you mentioned here
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/JBoss5custommetadatafiles).  Would
it be possible to have "trace" logging that would show classes that are
scanned and whether annotations were found?  I enabled trace for
"AnnotationEnvironmentDeployer" but didn't see enough information.

Thanks,
Scott