[jboss-dev] Improving scanning performance

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 06:57:42 EDT 2009

> Would it be possible to have "trace" logging that would show classes that are
> scanned and whether annotations were found?  I enabled trace for
> "AnnotationEnvironmentDeployer" but didn't see enough information.

This is already there:

package org.jboss.deployers.plugins.annotations;

public class DefaultAnnotationEnvironment extends WeakClassLoaderHolder
implements AnnotationEnvironment, Serializable

    void putAnnotation(Annotation annotation, ElementType type, String
className, Signature signature)
    {
       Class<? extends Annotation> annClass = annotation.annotationType();

       if (log.isTraceEnabled())
          log.trace("Adding annotation @" + annClass.getSimpleName() + "
for " + className + " at type " + type + ", signature: " + signature);