[jboss-dev] Scanning jars for package capabilities

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 11:40:45 EDT 2009

But folks, consider this.  By doing this scanning by default, this means
there's yet another hoop the user must jump through in order to use the
most performant configuration (in this case, bypassing the scanning).

All that said though, I think this whole issue would become moot if we
eliminate using the JAR streaming API from VFS.  If we instead used the
ZipFile API exclusively, "traversing the JAR" would amount to scanning the
keys of a HashMap, never mind all the other possible issues with streaming
zipfiles that I've raised elsewhere.

- DML