[jboss-dev] Re: JBM Examples moving to AS 5

Howard Gao hgao at redhat.com
Tue Mar 3 07:49:37 EST 2009

This is a good question. I don't think JBoss AS currently has a specific
place for examples. But putting examples in the AS would be a great help
to users to get started with various features provided in the AS,
without even reading the docs through first. Take JBM examples as an
example. If we don't put the examples in the AS 5, users have to find
the correct version of JBM and download the examples. With the examples
built into AS 5, users can simply install AS and cd to the examples dir
and run ant without any changes and configurations, the quickest way to
get know of JBoss Messaging.

I would suggest that we from now on take care of examples and docs (so
far there is no docs in the docs directory either). We can separate
examples from docs directory, as first-level directory (I mean directly
under $JBOSS_HOME). So there will be $JBOSS_HOME/docs and
$JBOSS_HOME/examples. And we can add the documents and examples to the
AS distro. This way users will no longer need to download the AS
documents and examples separately.

Howard