[jboss-dev] mvn testsuite re-run with different setup

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 13:24:49 EDT 2009

Thanks for the advices. I didn't get exactly what I wanted but I think
I'll adapt to what's possible.

I've got running the testsuite twice with different system properties.
By configuring executions. But I found that besides <execution> elements
defined in <executions>, there will always be one additional - the
default one. So, I ended up with only one execution in <executions> plus
the default.

I couldn't figure out how to change the report directory for one of the
executions. There is outputDirectory but it's not picked up (the docs
say I should change site's outputDirectory as well for it to work?)
But this maybe ok for me since if at least one execution has failures I
may not want to continue with the next execution.

The other thing I found inconvenient for me is that <execution> in
<executions> inherit configuration (such as includes and excludes) from
the default execution (plugin) configuration.

Perhaps I missed some config bits that could make it easier.

Thanks,

Alexey

Paul Gier wrote:
> Yes, you would just need to configure multiple executions of the
> surefire plugin and set <reportDirectory> to different values.  You can
> put this directly in the build section of the pom if you want to execute
> all the test configurations, or put them in profiles if you want to
> execute certain configs.
>
> Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>> I am not a Maven expert - but i guess, you could create a couple of
>> Maven profiles (one for system properties and other custom
>> configuration) and then each profile could set a different output
>> directory for the test reports through the maven-surefire-report plugin.
>>
>> -Jaikiran
>>
>> Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
>>> As part of the test goal, I'd like to run a maven testsuite first
>>> time against one configuration (based on e.g. system properties) and
>>> then once again against another configuration (without overriding the
>>> test reports from the first run). Is this (or something like this)
>>> possible?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alexey