[jboss-dev] Splitting system and user deployments

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 18:32:27 EDT 2009

Carlo de Wolf wrote:
> What is the scope of the user specific deploy directory?

The idea is that such a directory only contains the user's
applications/services, which would be default be empty.

> For example the jpa-deployers needs a PersistenceUnitDependencyResolver
> which can be plugged with two different search strategies:
> - SpecCompliantSearchStrategy
> - JBossSearchStrategy
>
> The choice of which one is an user configuration item, not a system
> configuration item.
 >
 > So where does it go?

Right, it does not address the configuration vs implementation problem
that we have in almost all of our descriptors. So all existing items
that we deploy as "part" of the profile would remain in their current
location.  The profile service helps in providing a pure user
configuration interface, so this is a step in the right direction.

--
Jason T. Greene