[jboss-dev] Changing meta data runtime

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 17:04:17 EDT 2009

Jason T. Greene wrote:
>> But since nothing is really designed to use the MDR in this way, its not
>> really an issue.
>> This feature was one of Bill's and Scott's ideas, e.g. being able to
>> have a default tx timeout at cluster, system, deployment, bean,
>> method level, but it was never really followed through.
>> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=58523
>> (I know there were earlier threads elsewhere in the forums or
>> the dev-list - just from Scott's first comment :-)
>>
>> I don't know whether Scott (or Bill) still think this is a useful idea,
>> since the profile service currently uses "ManagedOperations" to
>> do things like changing cache sizes, etc. at runtime.
>
> Well, I think the unified domain model stuff we are moving to somewhat
> conflicts with this notion. However, it could

Sorry, for the truncated sentence. This should read:

However it could still be useful to allow developers to define some
global base defaults via annotations for the purpose of quick testing.
However the embedded project might end up offering a better solution to
this, since you will be able to programmatically define this all via a
DSL style API.

--
Jason T. Greene