[jboss-dev] why strip version from jarnames?

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Mon Feb 1 03:47:20 EST 2010

An installer like OSGi

http://jbmuc.dyndns.org/jboss-osgi/userguide/html/ChapGettingStarted.html#SecInstall

might wish to overwrite existing jars with newer versions. I am aware
that this might trigger a whole new conversation on whether this should
even be allowed. However, it is currently the only way to get new tec
like OSGi (that is not already part of the AS distribution) installed on
already released AS versions.

Matrix of OSGi supported frameworks/containers

http://jbmuc.dyndns.org/jboss-osgi/userguide/html/ChapGettingStarted.html#SecHudson

cheers
-thomas

--