[jboss-dev] Artifact Mismatch in M2 Repositories

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Mon Feb 1 16:16:20 EST 2010

I've configured the java.net Maven2 repository in my settings.xml.  As a
result, I've been unable to build AS due to:

Missing:
----------
1) org.glassfish.gmbal:gmbal-api-only:jar:3.0.0-b023
   Path to dependency:
   	1) org.jboss.jbossas:jboss-as-distribution:pom:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT
   	2) com.sun.xml.ws:jaxws-rt:jar:2.2
   	3) org.glassfish.gmbal:gmbal-api-only:jar:3.0.0-b023

The underlying cause is that com.sun.xml.ws:jaxws-rt:jar:2.2 is not
equal across the JBoss and java.net repos:

http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/xml/ws/jaxws-rt/2.2/jaxws-rt-2.2.pom
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/com/sun/xml/ws/jaxws-rt/2.2/jaxws-rt-2.2.pom

This calls into question: what else is mismatched?

Paul notes that we'll have some scripts soon checking our stuff against
Maven Central and java.net.

Hoping to save other's time chasing this down.  For now I'm wiping my
entire local repo, removing all but Maven Central and JBoss from my
settings.xml.

I don't know yet how I'll deal with projects which rely upon other
repositories.  Baking repo information into a POM is bad practice (it
lives forever with the release), and I'll additionally need to forward
these into a separate local repository so things don't get mixed up.

S,
ALR
--
Andrew Lee Rubinger