[jboss-dev] Planning to revert

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 11:59:59 EST 2010

On 02/02/2010 11:55 AM, David M. Lloyd wrote:

>>> Ups:
>>> * http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-development/2010-January/015593.html
>>
>> Whatever...forgetting an import into repository is WAY different then a
>> working copy breaking because of how poorly snapshots are used...
>
> It way my understanding that snapshots were forbidden in AS trunk.  Has
> something changed?

Snapshot dependencies on other modules.  So when you come back the next
day and build, is downloads from the snaps repo the other modules, and
stuff is out of sync.

It's a Maven default; I've taken Pete's suggestion (and Paul has talked
about this) to set my update policy to "never" and instead only update
SNAPSHOTs on an as-needed basis by manually passing in "-U".  Also
speeds up my builds as I don't end up checking repos.

S,
ALR