[jboss-dev] VFS Abstraction Work in EJB 3.0

John Bailey jbailey at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 11:51:39 EST 2010

No problem.  I can take care of both the VFS2 and VFS3 if desired.  They should only vary by the names of the methods called for delegation.

Another thing to think about is the use of the VirtualFileAdapter org.jboss.injection.ServiceRefInjector.  There is a VirtualFileAdapter being created taking a VirtualFile.  This will not work once the SPI is in place as the ejb3-core project will no longer have any VFS classes available.  There reason I bring this up is this class is provided by the jboss-metadata projects, and those projects will likely either support VFS2 or VFS3, so the creation of the VirtualFileAdapter will need to be done in a way that can support either.  There is an additional VirtualFileAdapter constructor that supports a URL and path pair as well, but since the semantics of what the 'path' means in VFS have changed between the versions, this will likely be problematic.  An alternative is to avoid the VirtualFileAdapter and have the SPI VirtualFile interface extend the org.jboss.wsf.spi.deployment.UnifiedVirtualFile interface, which should remove the need to have VFS version based VirtualFileAdapter creation.  It would only require two additional methods (toURL and findChild) to support that interface, which both exist in each of the VFS versions (with a slightly different name).

John