[jboss-dev] M2 Boot time

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 09:54:45 EST 2010

Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> I think, the admin-console needs to be tuned after a round of profiling.
> I think there was a EMBJOPR JIRA for this.
Did a quick round of profiling. Now that the admin-console deployment is
lazy and separate from the server bootup, it was easier to find out
what's taking time.

For first access (*not* the login), turns out, the WARAnnotationDeployer
spends almost 41 % percent of the time processing the war - mainly in
getClasses() which starts looking for classes in the war file for
annotation scanning. The admin-console.war/WEB-INF/lib has jar totaling
to10 MB in size. I remember, there was discussion to add
metadata-complete, to the web.xml of this war. I don't see it in the
web.xml. Also, adding that hadn't shown any performance improvements.
Looking at the WarAnnotationMetaDataDeployer.deploy(...), or other
methods in there, i don't see any check for metadata-complete.

I'll see if there's some quick fix for this that might improve performance.

As for the time taken to login, i haven't looked at the profiler results
yet.

-Jaikiran