[jboss-dev] M2 Boot time

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:24:45 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Brian Stansberry
<brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:
> Is some kind of blunt filtering mechanism useful? A la what we do with
> JBossCustomDeployDUFilter and GenScanDeployer beans in
> metadata-deployer-jboss-beans.xml.

I heard there was something, but I don't know it. And it's not
metadata-complete (it will only disable select Servlet 3.0
annotations).

> (Unverified assumption: WARAnnotationMetaDataDeployer doesn't need to
> process admin-console.war)

Most likely it does not.

But it's pretty much pointless, we use a nasty SCI from JSF (which
would also need a flag to avoid scanning the war).

So I think we might be needing a number of flags added to
jboss-web.xml (disable-annotations - if needed - and
disable-handlestypes), but I'd argue we should target that for M3. M2
boots pretty fast so we have an improvement already for the most
visible item.

Rémy