[jboss-dev] Is @org.jboss.beans.metadata.api.annotations.Dependency being used?

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Fri Feb 12 12:54:39 EST 2010

The intended use is :
@SecurityDomain(domain = "somedomain")
public class MyOwnDependency
{
}

where

@Dependency(name="domain", factory= SecurityDomainDependencyFactory.class)
public @interface SecurityDomain
{
   String domain();

   String securityManagerName() default "SecurityManager";
}

Meaning that the bean for MyOwnDependency gets a dependency on something called "somedomain", which is created by the SecurityDomainDependencyFactory. AOPDependencyBuilder currently does quite a bit of work looking for these (about 3.5% of default startup time), but I see Ales has done some work on a SecurityDomain annotation plugin which is plugged in as an annotation adapter, but that is only active in some tests.

AOPDependencyBuilder checks the class, and all methods for annotations with this, and I think this can probably be removed and replaced with a meta annotation plugin instead. The only issue with that is that the meta annotation plugins currently only work on class level. So before I try to change that, I want to make sure nobody is using it.