[jboss-dev] Small boottime improvement

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 14:22:42 EST 2010

I can account for a couple differences between minimal and
jbossweb-standalone:

1) conf/jboss-service.xml in minimal does not include this huge addition
to the server classpath:

<classpath codebase="${jboss.common.lib.url}" archives="*"/>

Adding that to minimal increases it's startup time for me from ~ 6.4s to
~ 6.8s.  BTW, Dimitris, I want a machine like his 2.6s one. ;-)

2) The ServiceBindingManager config in minimal is just an empty
placeholder; in jbossweb-standalone it's the real thing. Putting that
one in minimal increases its boot time to ~ 7.2s.

On 02/23/2010 11:30 AM, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> I did some measurements with today's trunk. Numbers given are startup
> time and heap used after a manual GC.
>
> JBoss Web 2.1: 0.6s / 6.8MB
> minimal: 2.6s / 35MB
> jbossweb-standalone (not committed yet, Servlet + JSP only): 4.5s / 80.5MB
> default: 9.5s / 161.5MB
> all: 20s / 237MB
>
> I think the baseline (minimal) is too high, and I don't understand
> where the resource usage for jbw-standalone is coming from yet. I will
> commit the jbw-standalone changes when a new MC build in integrated.
>
> Comments ?
>
> Rémy

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering