[jboss-dev] Small boottime improvement

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 07:55:25 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Brian Stansberry
<brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:
> Weird. The smoke tests should be using the default ports anyway.
>
> The httpha-invoker.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml gets the ports it uses
> in URLs out of the SBM, so if somethings gotten out of wack w/ the SBM
> those URLs would be wrong.
>
> If you send me a patch w/ the change you've made I'd be happy to have a
> look.

After killing off JARs in the web release packaging (down to a 20MB
download - from 70MB for the beta1), I get:
JBoss Web 2.1: 0.6s / 6.8MB
minimal: 2.6s / 35MB
jbossweb-standalone (with the jbw release packaging): 3.9s / 65.5MB
default: 9.5s / 161.5MB
all: 20s / 237MB

Although improving the startup time further would be nice, some effort
would also be needed on memory use I think ?

Rémy