[jboss-dev] Further profling: Where should I focus?

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 08:18:44 EST 2010

> Its all AOP,

This one is taken care by Kabir.

> Classloading (package names),

Perhaps Bill you could have a go at this?

Basically the solution is trivial, but it's an integration pita.
What we need is an explicit packages export; aka jboss-classloading.xml
with capabilities.

This is already on our TAG todo list -- precise API exposure, OSGi like.

Perhaps for initial fix, we could add a simple ant/mvn/build-magic task
that would generate an exposure of all packages via capabilities?
(what we actually do with that PackagesVisitor)

> and the 100k iterations on resolveContexts() I have some pretty good ideas on how to fix
> resolveContexts() but really wanted to see the AOP/CL changes in there
> before I look at it.

We need to re-work how we do contexts resolve anyway (more custom
CL/OSGi, beans, ... resolving).
I know there are some tasks wrt this re-write assigned to Adrian.
Hence I would leave it off for a while.
But if Adrian is a no-show, I would be happy to hear your ideas.
(actually, post them to our MC forum anyway)

> I would also love to finish my fast-jaxb code
> generator, but IIRC, it won't shave off more than a second or two.

How does this work with our XB?