[jboss-dev] Further profling: Where should I focus?

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 09:57:54 EST 2010

> We've always had a flat domain.  JBoss AS 4.x boots in 10 seconds.

Sure.
But how much smaller is 4.x?
Plus resource lookup doesn't run on top of VFS ...

> Instead of a jboss-classloading.xml, why not reading the manifest?  Or
> is somebody working on that?

This is something we're definitely planning.
I once discussed it with Scott what we should support.
Afair, we agreed on supporting both.
But as you can see from SS+OSGi_repo story, this is not as trivial as it
looks.

Once we have this fully in place, DML's modularization, etc,
we should make sure we can re-use stuff from SS's repo.