[jboss-dev] Further profling: Where should I focus?

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 10:40:40 EST 2010

> Please don't make that mandatory.

This is not mandatory.

This just helps make things more clear:
* public vs. private api
* package versioning
* more exact and simpler class lookup
* ...

> People hated it when they had
> to pre-/postprocess their java classes when developing stuff for Websphere.
> JBoss was the clear winner with its "just drop in" deployment.

What kind of processing of Java classes do you need here?
All this (bnd, bundlor) does, afaik, it calcs dependencies, and creates
proper imports/exports.
Pretty much what our Tattletale does, it's just that those tools were
explicitly written to barf out custom OSGi manifest.mf.

We will still support "just drop in", as we do now.
We just want to make our AS component more "OSGi aware", following above
mentioned "helper" rules, hence booting faster.

Users could also benefit from this, if they use any of the existing AS
classes.
Or if they choose to go "OSGi" way.

> And there are
> even people that say that this is too cumbersome and it should be enough
> to replace some bytecode on a redeploy of a slightly changed app.

I don't understand what you mean here.