[jboss-dev] Further profling: Where should I focus?

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 11:15:08 EST 2010

> The question is though, does the VFS get bypassed if this is put in?

No.

> Because scanning for packages isn't slow once the VFS context is
> initialized.  The time is all within initializing the VFS context for
> the jar.
>
> Or, is VFS still used for every deployed jar because of subdeployments?

Yes.

The mechanism you're referring to is jboss-structure.xml.
* http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13178
Even if you use this mechanism, we still need to read into the jar, its
META-INF.

Actually, in MC/AS you never use anything else than VFS to navigate/read
some stuff in file system.
If you do, it's bad/wrong usage. Since that's why we wrote VFS. ;-)