[jboss-dev] Can I get rid of org.jboss.mq.server.jmx

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 15:06:47 EST 2010

The original idea was to have smooth (don't need to change anything)
migration of old jms config files when migrating to jboss messaging.

There are lots of people out there that have -service.xml files
defining their jms destinations.

A quick non-scientific search of google shows a lot people are
converting to the jboss messaging configs anyway.

Probably because those backwards compatibility configs are
not handled properly by the console:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7051

The better solution would have been to take the opportunity
to migrate to a "domain specific config":
http://community.jboss.org/message/281167#281167
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/jboss-development/2007-November/011057.html
Which would have avoided the user having to code implementation details
like the class names into their config files and made them a lot
clearer to read.

But nothing ever came of that "ease of use" suggestion. :-(