[jboss-dev] Can I get rid of org.jboss.mq.server.jmx

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 17:13:38 EST 2010

Sorry, I focused on the *MO classes part of your message and ignored the
primary topic!

I don't see any reason AS 6 should support -service.xml deployments that
use the old JBoss MQ classes. I recommend you give it a few days in case
there are other opinions, and if not get rid of them when you start work
on this.

Another question though is whether we should provide a similar
compatibility layer for legacy -service.xml JBM deployments. Thoughts
anyone?

> See my post on your thread. Most of that stuff is the ProfileService
> integration with messaging and needs to be adapted to work with HornetQ.
> Without it configuration changes made through the console will not work,
> nor will creating queues and topics from the console.
>
> Emanuel Muckenhuber and I can get into further details on the forum thread.
>
> On 01/08/2010 02:51 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
>> I'm currently working on the integration of HornetQ on AS6.
>>
>> There are a few classes on the messaging project, that I will probably
>> remove everything. I'm going to replace it for something more abstract
>> as I started a discussion here:
>>
>> http://community.jboss.org/thread/146565?tstart=0
>>

>> However, I just realized that there are a few org.jboss.mq.server.jmx
>> classes that are just delegating to JBM 1.4.
>>

>> I want to get rid of all that.   Any objections?
>>

>> also... There are a couple *MO classes. (ManagedObjectDefinition)
>>

>> I couldn't find much information about this. Is there a project for
>> this? Maybe I'm getting old and not being able to google properly, or
>> it's just a new project or something like that?
>>

>> clebert

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
JBoss by Red Hat