[jboss-dev] MC 2.2.x update

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 11:57:47 EST 2010

I just updated AS trunk with a bunch of new MC stuff.

Few issues first:
(a) new logging-service-metadata is required, using my
1.0.0.CR5-SNAPSHOT atm
(b) we now differentiate metadata locations in deployers:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBDEPLOY-232
(c) Kernel's lifecycle callbacks are re-written to plain OO
(d) ugly warning at undeploy wrt QualifiersMdrUtil
(e) saw NPE at undeploy from Carlo's naming hack

For (a) I already asked DML to provide a new release.
Wrt (b) some deployers need updating; e.g. JPA, Tld (I fixed this one), ...
If somebody was using AOP's pointcuts with (c), they won't work anymore.
Kabir is looking into (d), at least I hope he is. :-)
Carlo needs to fix (e) -- if not yet fixed.

New stuff:
(a) asynch controller mode in Kernel
(b) separate Classpool project -- soon to follow Reflect on Javassist
(c) deployers sorting opt
(d) annotation plugin matching, less heavy MDR lookup
(e) optimized ScopeKey in MDR
(f) MC+Weld integration; define services using Weld
(g) updated modification synch check -- filtering only known files
(h) CDI type of injection lookup; qualifiers based, etc
(i) MC+OSGi-facade service mix will be available on new api

I'm sure some issues will pop-up, so bare with me.
Simply report them on our "AS dev" forum:
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=208
and I'll have a look.