[jboss-dev] Integration of naming deployers failed

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 08:46:54 EST 2010

Mostly I'm hitting a snag with this:
      "All Java EE modules have a name. The name can be explicitly set
in the
deployment descriptor for the module. If not set, the name of the module
is the
pathname of the module in the ear file with any filename extension
(.jar, .war, .rar)
removed, but with any directory names included. The name of a module must be
unique within an application. If and only if the name is not unique
(e.g., because
two names are identical after removing different filename extensions) the
deployment tool may choose new unique names for any of the conflicting
modules; module names that do not conflict must not be changed. The
algorithm
for choosing unique names in such a case is product specific.
Applications that
depend on the names of their modules must ensure that their module names are
unique."

The naming deployers assume that a module name is unique, but we have a
lot of tests that do not adhere to this.

Carlo