[jboss-dev] MC 2.2.x update

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 15:01:04 EST 2010

The testsuite build is failing with:

     [javac]
/home/bes/dev/jboss/clean/trunk/testsuite/src/main/org/jboss/test/profileservice/persistenceformat/test/JBossBeansPersistenceFormatTestCase.java:151:
cannot access org.jboss.dependency.spi.dispatch.LifecycleDispatchContext
     [javac] class file for
org.jboss.dependency.spi.dispatch.LifecycleDispatchContext not found
     [javac]       BeanMetaData bmd = ctx.getBeanMetaData();
     [javac]                             ^
     [javac] Note: Some input files additionally use or override a
deprecated API.
     [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
     [javac] 1 error
     [javac] 100 warnings

I'm looking into that. I have a vague feeling it's a maven issue.

On 01/12/2010 10:57 AM, Ales Justin wrote:
> I just updated AS trunk with a bunch of new MC stuff.
>
> Few issues first:
> (a) new logging-service-metadata is required, using my
> 1.0.0.CR5-SNAPSHOT atm
> (b) we now differentiate metadata locations in deployers:
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBDEPLOY-232
> (c) Kernel's lifecycle callbacks are re-written to plain OO
> (d) ugly warning at undeploy wrt QualifiersMdrUtil
> (e) saw NPE at undeploy from Carlo's naming hack
>
> For (a) I already asked DML to provide a new release.
> Wrt (b) some deployers need updating; e.g. JPA, Tld (I fixed this one), ...
> If somebody was using AOP's pointcuts with (c), they won't work anymore.
> Kabir is looking into (d), at least I hope he is. :-)
> Carlo needs to fix (e) -- if not yet fixed.
>
> New stuff:
> (a) asynch controller mode in Kernel
> (b) separate Classpool project -- soon to follow Reflect on Javassist
> (c) deployers sorting opt
> (d) annotation plugin matching, less heavy MDR lookup
> (e) optimized ScopeKey in MDR
> (f) MC+Weld integration; define services using Weld
> (g) updated modification synch check -- filtering only known files
> (h) CDI type of injection lookup; qualifiers based, etc
> (i) MC+OSGi-facade service mix will be available on new api
>
> I'm sure some issues will pop-up, so bare with me.
> Simply report them on our "AS dev" forum:
> http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=208
> and I'll have a look.

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering