[jboss-dev] JMX stuff WAS Re: M2 planning and timeline

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 05:33:01 EST 2010

I changed trunk to use the external JBossMX last February.

There was a release of Beta2 in March which was mainly
a tidyup release.

Anil's fix was in May. but since he hasn't created a JBMX jira for
his fix is doesn't appear on that project's roadmap.
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310785&fixfor=12313430

I'll do a Beta3 release for that.

The mc-jmx-int and deployers-jmx stuff was only in the 2.2.x branches
of the MC projects. Now that you've upgraded trunk to those versions it
should be a lot easier to use the external versions.

ejb3 was already using it.

I'll test it, and change trunk to use them. Then we can remove the
duplicate code from system-jmx.

The only additional issue is whether we still want to use the JBossMX
mbeanserver now that I have a way to use the JDK's MBeanServer.
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMX-11
We could keep the choice, since its just a case of
changing the MBeanServerBuilder system property.

We still need the j2se and mbeans stuff for the legacy XMBean support.