[jboss-dev] First Beta of the JBoss Logging I18n tool released

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 20:26:06 EST 2010

The Logging I18n tool is (finally) ready!  Most of the functionality
specified in the requirements document [1] is present, which a few minor
exceptions.

To use the tool, just add it in to your project dependencies (use
"provided" scope though, so that it doesn't become a transitive
dependency for everyone).  Implementations for your annotated interfaces
will automatically be generated.

The maven coordinates are
"org.jboss.logging:jboss-logging-tools:1.0.0.Beta1", and the official
source is currently at https://github.com/dmlloyd/jboss-logging-tools
for now.

See http://docs.jboss.org/jbosslogging/latest/ for details on the
annotations themselves.

Special thanks to Kevin Pollet and James Perkins for doing essentially
all the work on this! :-)

[1] http://community.jboss.org/wiki/LoggingI18nToolingTechnicalRequirements
--
- DML