[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Root context Apache 2.2.3 and Jboss 4.0.4

vannguyen0 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 10 18:17:52 EDT 2006

Is there a way to configure an application deployed to JBoss to be deployed on the root context?

I've set up JBoss behind an Apache 2.2.3 server using mod_proxy.  I can access the application via:

http://www.somedomain.com/myApp

But I want to just go to http://www.somedomain.com.  I've tried setting up the httpd so that

ProxyPass / balancer://www.somedomain.com/myApp

But that doesn't work.  I've read this wiki page (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingMod_proxyWithJBoss) and it said:

anonymous wrote :  Note: If you are using the Apache 2.2.2 binary don't specify the root for load balancing. For example

  | 	ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster nofailover=On
  |
  | this will fail due to bug in Apache 2.2.2 binary. However if you take latest code from SVN head this works. I have not tested this in apache head.

Does this apply to Apache 2.2.3?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964493#3964493

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3964493