[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - delegation for ActionHandler - what am I missing?

wasperen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 11 05:14:57 EDT 2006

I have the following node in my process:
   <node name="sensor news">
  |      <action name="conduct news sensor" class="com.paconsulting.cucumber.rules.impl.RulesActionHandler" config-type="bean">
  |      	<ruleEngineJndiName>java:/cucumber/RulesEngine</ruleEngineJndiName>
  |      	<ruleBaseName>news-sensor</ruleBaseName>
  |      </action>
  |      <transition to="check errors"></transition>
  |    </node>
The entire process deploys fine.
The ActionHandler code is, simply:
package com.paconsulting.cucumber.rules.impl;

  | imports...
  |
  | public class RulesActionHandler implements ActionHandler {
  | 	private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |
  | 	private static Log log = LogFactory.getLog(RulesActionHandler.class);
  |
  | 	private String ruleEngineJndiName = "";
  | 	private String ruleBaseName = "";
  |
  | 	public String getRuleBaseName() {
  | 		return ruleBaseName;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setRuleBaseName(String ruleBaseName) {
  | 		this.ruleBaseName = ruleBaseName;
  | 	}
  | 	public String getRuleEngineJndiName() {
  | 		return ruleEngineJndiName;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setRuleEngineJndiName(String ruleEngineJndiName) {
  | 		this.ruleEngineJndiName = ruleEngineJndiName;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	private RulesEngine getRulesEngine() {
  | <snip>
  | 	}
  | 	public void execute(ExecutionContext executionContext) throws Exception {
  | 		long engineId = getRulesEngine().createNewEngine(getRuleBaseName());
  | 		assertVariables(engineId,executionContext.getContextInstance().getVariables());
  | 		getRulesEngine().fireRules(engineId);
  | 		refreshVariables(engineId,executionContext.getContextInstance().getVariables());
  | 	}
  | 	private void assertVariables(long engineId, Map variables) {
  | <snip>
  | 	}
  | 	private void refreshVariables(long engineId, Map variables) {
  | <snip>
  | 	}
  | }
When the process engine reaches this node, is tells me:

11:15:07,172 ERROR [BeanInstantiator] couldn't set property 'ruleEngineJndiName' to value '<ruleEngineJndiName>java:/cucumber/RulesEngine</ruleEngineJndiName>'
  | 11:15:07,173 ERROR [BeanInstantiator] couldn't set property 'ruleBaseName' to value '<ruleBaseName>news-sensor</ruleBaseName>'
  | 1

I have tried config-type="field", config-type="bean" and leaving config-type out.
What am I missing?

Thanks,
Willem

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3964558#3964558